Monday, December 28, 2009

I had the great pleasure of being allowed to talk about my dance, my dancers and the Festival the other day to Bond Huberman of City Arts Magazine. I told her I felt so good after our long chat that I would not need therapy for at least the next six months. I have come to terms with the fact that I am truly obsessed with this art and that, given the opportunity, I could go on for hours.

But I won't.

I will say that things are tightening up. The Master Class schedule is set, the crew ready and the pieces being finished. I have not yet seen everything that is going to be presented, but I know the Artists will deliver. If it's a hit, great. If it's a miss, even better. That will give us all plenty to discuss and debate over. It is the subjective aspect of viewing work that most fascinates me. Why did I see an Ethiopian dysfunctional family when you saw the Olympic trials in synchronized swimming? What is it about our life experiences that make you cry and me laugh? It's the holy matrimony of life and the abstract movement language. Totally individual, completely unique and a glorious solo experience that is always true....for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment